This safety video program on Trenching and Shoring Safety in Construction Environments helps employees understand the hazards that can be encountered in trenching work as well as the OSHA regulations and safe work practices that can prevent accidents from occurring.
Twenty percent of workplace fatalities in the U.S. involve construction workers, but their chances of getting killed on the job more than double when they're working in a trench. An average of two employees are killed every month when the trench they're working in collapses on them. But many of these deaths and thousands of injuries can be prevented.
Areas covered in the safety video program include:
- information on the hazards of trenching,
- the competent person and the worksite inspection,
- soil types and protective systems,
- ongoing inspecting and testing,
- access, egress, setback, and equipment,
- working defensively, and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
- 1926 Subpart P - Excavations
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group, Ltd.