MARCOM's Asbestos Awareness DVD Program provides employees with important information and helps employers comply with the training requirements of the OSHA Asbestos Standard.
Before the negative health effects of asbestos were fully understood, this hazardous substance was used in thousands of products and building materials. And asbestos-containing materials can be found in many buildings even today. Employees such as custodial, engineering and maintenance staff need to understand the health risks associated with asbestos, be able to recognize asbestos hazards in their workplace, and know what to do to protect themselves and others from exposure to asbestos.
The DVD program and booklet include information on:
- asbestos… miracle and menace,
- the health effects of asbestos,
- thermal system insulation,
- surfacing materials, floor and ceiling tiles,
- protective equipment and safe work practices,
- decontamination and medical surveillance, and more.
The DVD program in the kit comes with a comprehensive leader's guide, reproducible scheduling & attendance form, employee quiz, training certificate and training log.
- 1910 Subpart Z - Toxic and Hazardous Substances
- 1910.1001 - Asbestos