This safety video program on The OSHA Formaldehyde Standard provides training that is required by this standard, and focuses on the rules and procedures that the standard establishes for working with this potentially dangerous chemical.
While formaldehyde is used in many laboratory operations, it can still be a significant health hazard. The results of mishandling formaldehyde can be serious. They can range from the short-term discomfort associated with minor burns or skin irritation to chronic effects from a lifetime of overexposure.
Areas covered in the safety video program include:
- potential health hazards,
- testing for Permissible Exposure Limits (PEL),
- labeling and material safety data sheets,
- hoods and other ventilation systems,
- personal protective equipment,
- spill and cleanup and decontamination procedures,
- first aid,
- the medical surveillance plan, and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
- 1910 Subpart Z - Toxic and Hazardous Substances
- 1910.1048 - Formaldehyde
- 1910.1450 - Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals in Laboratories
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group, Ltd.