This safety video program on Flammables and Explosives in the Laboratory discusses the hazards associated with flammable and explosive materials and reviews the proper handling procedures and personal protective equipment that should be used when working with these substances.
Flammables and explosives are some of the most dangerous materials used in a laboratory. When working with these substances, employees need to know their characteristics, as well as how to prevent accidents and injuries when using them.
Areas covered in the safety video program include:
- definitions of flammables and explosives,
- conditions that can create hazards,
- the role of ventilation in preventing problems,
- transporting flammables and explosives,
- storage considerations,
- using compressed gases,
- emergency planning,
- disposal, and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
- 1910 Subpart Z - Toxic and Hazardous Substances
- 1910.1450 - Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals in Laboratories
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group, Ltd.