This safety video program on Workplace Violence in Healthcare Environments addresses the healthcare industry's unique workplace violence challenges and regulatory guidelines and discusses how to identify, handle, and prevent incidents of violence in hospitals, urgent care facilities, and other medical environments.
It discusses how to identify, handle and prevent incidents of violence in hospitals, urgent care facilities and other medical environments, and the regulations that are in place to protect healthcare workers from violent situations. Some people believe that a certain amount of conflict on the job is normal. But too often, arguments can escalate into insults, challenges and threats. Sometimes these conflicts can even become physical, and lead to serious injuries, even death. All of these situations are examples of workplace violence, and they can happen in any work environment. If they do, it can be stressful, bad for morale and downright dangerous. So how much conflict is too much? And where do we draw the line?
Areas covered in the program include:
- defining violence in healthcare facilities,
- OSHA’s Guidelines for preventing violence in healthcare environments,
- JCAHO requirements for addressing violence in healthcare facilities,
- identifying and controlling the potential for violence in healthcare settings,
- education and training about workplace violence for healthcare employees,
- how to respond to incidents of violence in your facility and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
- Section 5(a)(1) - General Duty Clause
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group, Ltd.