This safety video program on Walking and Working Surfaces in Healthcare Environments: for Office and Maintenance Personnel discusses the hazards that are associated with different walking surfaces that employees can encounter on the job, and provides practical information that they need to protect themselves from harm.
Whether we’re standing, walking or climbing, we depend on the surfaces we walk upon to provide the support we need to position ourselves properly, use our muscles efficiently, keep our balance, and do our work safely. Yet slips, trips and falls continue to make up 20% of disabling occupational injuries, and thousands of fatalities every year. Fortunately, most of these accidents can be prevented.
Areas covered in the program include:
- hazards associated with different walking and working surfaces,
- how to stay safe when navigating floors and walkways,
- safety requirements for stairways and fixed ladders,
- properly inspecting and setting up a portable ladder, and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
- 1910 Subpart D – Walking-Working Surfaces
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group, Ltd.