MARCOM's Trenching and Shoring Safety in Construction Environments DVD Program helps employees understand the hazards that can be encountered in trenching work as well as the OSHA regulations and safe work practices that can prevent accidents from occurring.
Twenty percent of workplace fatalities in the U.S. involve construction workers, but their chances of getting killed on the job more than double when they're working in a trench. An average of two employees are killed every month when the trench they're working in collapses on them. But many of these deaths and thousands of injuries can be prevented.
The DVD program includes:
- information on the hazards of trenching,
- the competent person and the worksite inspection,
- soil types and protective systems,
- ongoing inspecting and testing,
- access, egress, setback and equipment,
- working defensively, and more.
The DVD program in the kit comes with a comprehensive leader's guide, reproducible scheduling & attendance form, employee quiz, training certificate and training log.
- 1926 Subpart P - Excavations