MARCOM's Orientation to Laboratory Safety DVD Program shows both new employees and seasoned veterans the importance of safety in the laboratory... as well as reviews the OSHA regulations and good safety practices that apply to laboratory environments.
A laboratory can be a dangerous place, and with the daily pressures to get things done employees can be tempted to take shortcuts and ignore safety precautions. And with the increasing complexity of the equipment and procedures involved in experiments, employees need an even greater knowledge of safety practices and procedures than they may have had in the past.
Areas covered in the program include:
- OSHA regulations,
- GHS Safety Data Sheets (SDSs),
- planning safe experiments,
- personal protective equipment,
- ventilation controls,
- chemical storage,
- accidents and emergencies,
- waste disposal, and more.
The DVD program comes with a comprehensive leader's guide, reproducible scheduling & attendance form, employee quiz, training certificate and training log.
- 1910 Subpart Z - Toxic and Hazardous Substances
- 1910.1450 - Occupational exposure to hazardous chemicals in laboratories