This safety video program on HIPAA Rules and Compliance defines HIPAA terms, explains the regulations, and discusses what business entities and employees in healthcare-related fields need to do to comply with them.
To get quality healthcare, people should not have to sacrifice the privacy or security of their personal health information. The set of regulations known as HIPAA ensures that patient data remains private, but the laws can seem complex and the penalties for non-compliance can be costly.
Areas covered in the safety video program include:
- HIPAA and protected health information (PHI),
- covered entities, business associates, and subcontractors,
- PHI and patients’ rights,
- guidelines for use and disclosure of PHI,
- using PHI for marketing and fundraising,
- requirements of the HIPAA Security Rule,
- breach notification and penalties, and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA)
- Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH)
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group, Ltd.