This safety video program on Forklift Safety: Industrial Counterbalance Lift Trucks gives employees the information they need to properly maintain and safely operate a forklift, the most common type of industrial counterbalance lift truck.
Moving materials around the workplace quickly and efficiently takes a lot of skill and it's a big responsibility. Often the best tool for the job is a specialized piece of materials handling equipment that most of us call a forklift.
Even though these vehicles can make certain jobs a lot easier, they can also be very dangerous. Thousands of workers are seriously injured in forklift accidents every year, and more than 100 are killed.
The people who get hurt include both pedestrians and forklift operators. In addition to the human cost, forklift accidents can also cause damage to materials, facilities and the forklifts themselves. Fortunately, these accidents can be prevented if forklift operators understand a forklift's limitations, and learn how to operate it safely.
Areas covered in the safety video program include:
- the design, capabilities and limitations of forklifts,
- the basics of forklift stability,
- the hazards associated with operating a forklift,
- how to maintain and inspect forklifts,
- safe work practices used when operating a forklift, and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
- 1910 Subpart N - Materials Handling and Storage
- 1910.178 - Powered Industrial Trucks
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group, Ltd.