This safety video program on Tuberculosis in the Healthcare Environment provides employees with the latest information on the tuberculosis threat, the infection hazards they may encounter in their job, and the steps they can take to avoid them.
At one time doctors thought they had almost stamped out tuberculosis as a serious health concern in the U.S., but the disease had an alarming resurgence in the 1980s. It is currently one of the most common infectious diseases in the world, and kills more than a million people every year. Healthcare employees are on the front lines in the fight against TB. They also have a significant risk of exposure to the disease.
Areas covered in the safety video program include:
- the resurgence of tuberculosis,
- how TB spreads and guidelines for fighting it,
- TB risks in healthcare environments,
- medical surveillance,
- engineering controls,
- wearing a respirator,
- working with and treating active TB, and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
- 1904 - Recording and Reporting Occupational Injuries and Illnesses
- 1910 Subpart I - Personal protective equipment
- 1910.134 - Respiratory Protection
- 1910 Subpart J - General Environmental Controls
- 1910.145 - Specifications for Accident Prevention Signs and Tags
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group, Ltd.