MARCOM's Silica Safety in Industrial and Construction Environments DVD Program explains the hazards that are associated with silica dust, reviews the OSHA standards for industry and construction, and shows employees what they can do to protect themselves from silica dust on the job.
Silica dust can cause serious, even fatal, health problems for anyone who inhales it. And more than two million workers are exposed to this substance on the job every year. OSHA's Silica Safety Rule has established rigorous standards to protect them.
The DVD program and booklet include:
- the hazards of respirable crystalline silica
- OSHA's Silica Safety Standards
- exposure to silica dust in the workplace
- silica dust exposure control plan
- control systems
- safe work practices and PPE
- medical surveillance and recordkeeping and more
DVD program in the kit comes with a comprehensive leader's guide, reproducible scheduling & attendance form, employee quiz, training certificate and training log.
- 1926 Subpart Z, Toxic and Hazardous Substances
- 1926.1153. Respirable Crystalline Silica
- 1910.1053, Respirable Crystalline Silica
- 29 CFR 1910