This safety video program on Respiratory Protection and Safety provides employees with important information on respiratory protection and help facilities in complying with requirements of the OSHA Respiratory Standard.
Each year, tens of thousands of U.S. workers are exposed to harmful airborne contaminants. These noxious gases, dusts, vapors and biological pathogens can cause lung damage, cancer and other serious illnesses. Some can quickly cause loss of consciousness and even death, often without warning. To avoid these hazards, workers need to understand the risks associated with airborne contaminants as well as the government regulations and safe work practices that can protect them. They also need to be familiar with various types of respirators, understand how they work, and know how to use them.
Areas covered in the safety video program include:
- the need for a Respiratory Protection Program,
- respiratory basics and disposable masks,
- air-purifying respirators and filter types,
- atmosphere-supplying respirators including SARs and SCBAs,
- fit testing a respirator,
- wearing a respirator,
- maintaining a respirator, and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
- 1910 Subpart B - Adoption and Extension of Established Federal Standards
- 1910.19 - Special provisions for Air Contaminants
- 1910 Subpart I - Personal Protective Equipment
- 1910.134 - Respiratory Protection
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group, Ltd.