This safety video program on Preventing Contamination in the Laboratory emphasizes the need to recognize situations that could lead to contamination, and discusses what can be done to prevent contamination from occurring.
Handling hazardous chemicals and specimens requires a great deal of caution. If substances are not properly controlled, hazards can spread and contaminate other materials, work area... even employees themselves. With many laboratories using toxic, corrosive and carcinogenic chemicals, employees need to do all they can to prevent contamination.
Areas covered in the safety video program include:
- how contamination occurs,
- general preventative measures,
- engineering controls,
- safe work practices,
- personal protective equipment, and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
- 1910 Subpart Z - Toxic and Hazardous Substances
- 1910.1450 - Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals in Laboratories
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group, Ltd.