This safety video program on Orientation to Laboratory Safety shows both new employees and seasoned veterans the importance of safety in the laboratory and reviews the OSHA regulations and good safety practices that apply to the laboratory environment.
A laboratory can be a dangerous place, and with the daily pressures to get things done employees can be tempted to take shortcuts and ignore safety precautions. And with the increasing complexity of the equipment and procedures involved in experiments, employees need an even greater knowledge of safety practices and procedures than they may have had in the past.
Areas covered in the safety video program include:
- OSHA regulations,
- GHS Safety Data Sheets (SDSs),
- planning safe experiments,
- personal protective equipment,
- ventilation controls,
- chemical storage,
- accidents and emergencies,
- waste disposal, and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
- 1910 Subpart Z - Toxic and Hazardous Substances
- 1910.1450 - Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals in Laboratories
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group, Ltd.