MARCOM's Hot Work Safety and the Permitting Process DVD Program discusses the hazards that can be encountered in hot work and focus on how employees can use the permitting process and other safe practices to perform these tasks more safely.
Hot work includes any tasks that involve flame or high heat, or can act as an ignition source. One in five industrial fires are caused by hot work and it can create major problems on construction sites as well. Hot work accidents result in more than $300 million in property damage and more than 30 fatalities per year, but these incidents are preventable.
The DVD program and booklet include:
- information on hot work and its hazard,
- the purpose of a hot work permit,
- first steps in the permitting process,
- preparing the work area,
- performing hot work safely,
- hot work in confined spaces, and more.
The DVD program in the kit comes with a comprehensive leader's guide, reproducible scheduling & attendance form, employee quiz, training certificate and training log.
- 1910 Subpart O-Machinery and Machine Guarding;
- 1910 Subpart Q- Welding, Cutting and Brazing;