MARCOM's Hearing Conservation and Safety DVD Program assists employers in complying with this OSHA standard while providing workers with the information they need to recognize and avoid noise hazards.
We live in a noisy world… sometimes too noisy. Nearly 50 million Americans have experienced hearing loss from exposure to hazardous sound levels. For tens of thousands of them, this exposure occurred while they were doing their job. OSHA's Hearing Conservation Standard was created to address this hazard and protect the hearing of employees.
The DVD program and booklet include information on:
- the mechanics of sound,
- how the ear works,
- hazardous noise in the workplace,
- wearing ear muffs,
- using ear plugs and canal caps,
- the importance of regular hearing tests and more.
The DVD program in the kit comes with a comprehensive leader's guide, reproducible scheduling & attendance form, employee quiz, training certificate and training log.
- 1910 Subpart G - Occupational Health and Environment Control;
- 1910.95 - Occupational noise exposure.