This safety video program on HAZMAT Labeling, designed to help facilities comply with OSHA's HAZWOPER regulation (29 CFR 1910.120), helps employees understand different labeling systems and how to use these systems to reduce or eliminate potential exposure to hazardous materials in their work environments.
Hazardous materials and waste are part of many work situations, and can be found on many types of job sites. It is so important that employees know how to recognize these potentially dangerous substances, as well as how to handle and dispose of them properly, that OSHA mandates that anyone working with these substances receive comprehensive training in this area.
Areas covered in the safety video program include:
- where hazardous materials labels are used,
- OSHA labeling requirements,
- common labeling systems,
- DOT “Hazard Class” labels and placards,
- the Hazardous Materials Identification System (HMIS),
- target organ information labels,
- the National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA) Labeling System,
- hazardous waste labels, and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
- 1910 Subpart H - Hazardous Materials
- 1910.120 - Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group, Ltd.