MARCOM's Hand & Power Tool Safety DVD Program discusses hand and power tool hazards, and show employees the equipment and safe practices they can use to prevent injuries.
Hand and power tools allow employees to perform tasks that they could never do without them. But tools can also be dangerous. Injuries involving hand and power tools send almost half a million people to the emergency room every year, and cause a significant number of fatalities as well.
The DVD program includes:
- hand and power tool hazards,
- tool inspection and maintenance,
- personal protective equipment (PPE),
- using electric power tools safely,
- preventing kickbacks,
- reducing hazards in a work area and more.
The DVD program in the kit comes with a comprehensive leader's guide, reproducible scheduling & attendance form, employee quiz, training certificate and training log.
- 1910 Subpart P - Hand and Portable Powered Tools and Other Hand-Held Equipment,
- 1910.12, Construction work;
- 1910.242 - Hand and portable powered tools and equipment, general.,
- 1910.243 - Guarding of portable powered tools.,
- 1910.244 - Other portable tools and equipment.