This safety video program on Welding Safety discusses the hazards that are associated with welding and cutting tasks, and explains the equipment and safe practices employees can use to avoid these hazards.
More than half a million U.S. workers in various industries perform welding, cutting, brazing and soldering work as part of their jobs every day. In a year's time, these tasks will kill more than fifty of them. Thousands more will be injured. Some of their workplaces will have been damaged by fires and explosions as well.
Areas covered in the safety video program include:
- hazards of welding,
- designated areas,
- work permits and confined spaces,
- preventing fires while welding,
- protecting against toxic fumes,
- goggles, helmets, and hand shields,
- gloves, clothing, and other protective equipment, and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
- 1910 Subpart Q - Welding, Cutting, and Brazing
- 1910.252 - General Requirements
- 1910.253 - Oxygen-Fuel Gas Welding and Cutting
- 1910.254 - Arc Welding and Cutting
- 1910.255 - Resistance Welding
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group, Ltd.