This safety video program on Forklift/Powered Industrial Truck Safety gives employees the information they need to work safely with forklifts, while helping employers comply with OSHA's Powered Industrial Truck Standard.
Forklifts and other powered industrial trucks are rugged tools that save effort, time and money. However, their power and strength can also make them dangerous. The average industrial truck accident causes thousands of dollars' worth of damage to their facility and the forklift itself.
These accidents can also result in major injuries to anyone who is involved, and some of them can even be fatal.To help prevent forklift accidents, OSHA created the Powered Industrial Truck Standard.
This regulation requires that workers must be trained to safely operate and properly maintain a powered industrial truck before they can use it in their workplace. With the right training, a well-maintained forklift, and some common sense, employees can help to prevent forklift accidents, and make their facility a safer place.
Areas covered in the safety video program include:
- different types of forklifts and powered industrial trucks,
- the hazards associated with this equipment,
- OSHA's Powered Industrial Truck Standard,
- safe work practices used when operating a powered industrial truck,
- maintaining and inspecting forklifts, and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
- 1910 Subpart N - Materials Handling and Storage
- 1910.178 - Powered Industrial Trucks
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group, Ltd.