This safety video program on Forklift Pedestrian Safety for Operators gives employees the information they need to operate a forklift safely in pedestrian areas, and discusses how they can stay safe when they are pedestrians themselves.
When employees are driving a forklift, they are using a piece of equipment that can weigh three times more than a car, and if there's an accident, they could end up being seriously injured, even killed. But they aren't the only ones who need to be protected from harm.
People are constantly moving around their facility on foot to get to where they need to go, and if pedestrians and forklift operators don't work together to share their space safely, it can lead to big problems.
By using safe work practices, forklift operators can help to prevent forklift accidents involving pedestrians, and get everyone home safe at the end of the day.
Topics covered in the program include:
- why forklift accidents involving pedestrians occur,
- safety precautions that facilities can take to prevent forklift pedestrian accidents,
- preparing to drive a forklift safely around pedestrians,
- safe work practices when operating a forklift around pedestrians,
- how forklift operators can stay safe when they are pedestrians themselves, and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
- 29 CFR 1910.178(m)(3)
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group, Ltd.