This safety video program on Driving Defensively for CDL/Large Vehicle Drivers: Handling Adverse Conditions discusses how drivers can prepare for and drive defensively when encountering bad weather, work zones, distracted and aggressive drivers, and more.
Driving defensively isn’t just about your driving skills or your experience. It’s about being aware of what is going on around you, anticipating what could happen and knowing what to do in any situation. Because trucks behave differently than other vehicles, truck drivers need to react differently when they encounter unusual or emergency situations.
Areas covered in the program include:
- driving safely in bad weather,
- handling a blowout,
- sharing the road with other trucks and buses,
- dealing with distracted and aggressive drivers,
- work zones,
- emergency situations, and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
- FMCSA Regulations and Interpretations - 49 CFR Parts 300-399
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group, Ltd.