This safety video program on Dealing with Drug and Alcohol Abuse for Managers and Supervisors in Construction Environments discusses drug and alcohol abuse, the damage it causes to workers and the businesses that employ them, and what should be done to create and maintain a drug and alcohol-free job site.
Most substance abusers have jobs. In fact, it is estimated that one out of every ten employees has a drug or alcohol problem. A construction worker's behavior "under the influence" can decrease productivity, create a hostile work environment, and damage their company's reputation. Worst of all, it can significantly increase the chances of worksite incidents and injuries.
Areas covered in the safety video program include:
- how substance abuse can affect a workplace,
- what substances are abused,
- laws to know about,
- creating a drug and alcohol-free workplace,
- substance abuse education and testing,
- recognizing on-the-job substance abuse,
- handling substance abuse situations, and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
- 1910.1020 - Access to Employee Exposure and Medical Records
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group, Ltd.