This safety video program on Dealing with Drug and Alcohol Abuse for Employees in Construction Environments discusses the hazards of substance abuse, how employees can avoid them, and what they can do to help keep their workplace drug and alcohol-free.
In the United States there are over 38 million binge drinkers, almost 25 million illegal drug users, and more than 6 million people who abuse prescription drugs... and most of them have jobs. Substance abuse directly affects a construction worker's personality, health, and ability to function safely on a worksite. It can also decrease productivity, create a hostile work environment, and damage their company's reputation.
Areas covered in the safety video program include:
- substances that are often abused,
- marijuana and other depressants,
- stimulants and narcotics,
- how people get hooked,
- drug dependency,
- becoming a substance abuser,
- alcohol and drug policies,
- overcoming substance abuse, and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
- 1910.1020 - Access to Employee Exposure and Medical Records
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group, Ltd.