This safety video program on Bloodborne Pathogens in Healthcare Facilities provides essential information while assisting healthcare organizations in fulfilling the training requirements contained in the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard.
Bloodborne diseases continue to pose major health problems. Increasing infection rates for Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C are now making them as serious a concern as HIV, the virus which can often lead to AIDS. So it’s more important than ever for employees to understand the hazards of bloodborne pathogens, the policies and practices that can prevent their transmission, and the OSHA regulations that address them.
Areas covered in the safety video program include:
- HIV, Hepatitis and sources of infection
- the Exposure Control Plan,
- biohazard labeling,
- reducing the risk of exposure,
- personal protective equipment,
- Hepatitis vaccination,
- post-exposure procedures, and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
- 1910 Subpart Z - Toxic and Hazardous Substances
- 1910.1030 - Bloodborne Pathogens
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group, Ltd.