This safety video program on Crane Safety in Industrial and Construction Environments reviews the hazards that are associated with working with cranes, discusses the federal regulations that address these hazards, and discusses the policies and procedures that employees should follow to work safely with cranes.
Cranes provide lifting power that can be indispensable for industrial and construction operations. But they can also create serious hazards for the people who work with and around them. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, crane accidents lead to thousands of accidents, injuries and more than 70 fatalities each year... but they don't have to happen.
Areas covered in the safety video program include:
- different types of cranes,
- crane hazards and safety standards,
- making a crane safety inspection,
- preparing a boom crane for a lift,
- lifting, moving and landing a load, and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
- 1910 Subpart B - Adoption and Extension of Established Federal Standards
- 1910.12 - Construction Work
- 1910 Subpart N - Materials Handling and Storage
- 1910.179 - Overhead and Gantry Cranes
- 1910.180 - Crawler Locomotive and Truck Cranes
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group, Ltd.