This safety video program on Cleaning and Sanitizing in Food Processing and Handling Environments Part II: Sanitizing provides employees with valuable information about the sanitizing process, and sanitizing procedures that they can use to help to keep food products free from contamination.
In food processing and handling facilities, it is vitally important to keep food products free from harmful microorganisms, such as bacteria, mold, spores and viruses. These can all contaminate food products, and potentially cause an outbreak of foodborne illnesses. While cleaning is an important first step in protecting food products from contamination, sanitizing is what really rids surfaces and equipment of harmful microorganisms. And that is what makes food safe for customers to eat.
Areas covered in the program include:
- what the sanitizing process does and why it’s important,
- various methods that can be used to sanitize,
- chemicals that are used for sanitizing and how to determine which one to use,
- how to prepare a surface for sanitizing,
- basic sanitizing procedures that employees can use in their facilities, and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group, Ltd.