MARCOM's Arc Flash DVD Program focuses on what arc flash is, its hazards and how employees can avoid it on the job. Using a powerful combination of audio, full-motion video, text and colorful graphics, this course provides the most cost-effective safety and regulatory compliance training available today. The course is divided into a number of logical sections so information is easily understood... and retained.
Electricity is so common in our homes and workplaces that we normally don't think twice about using it. But electricity kills and injures thousands of people every year, so it's important to understand its hazards and know how to avoid them. Electricity poses two major hazards to people who work with it. The most intense is arc flash, a violent release of electrical energy that causes severe injuries and fatalities. The second is shock, which can cause burns, internal injuries, cardiac arrest… even be fatal.
Areas covered in the video include:
- shock and how to aviod it,
- what arc flash is,
- personal protective equipment,
- creating an electrically safe condition,
- avoiding arc flash situations and more.
The DVD program comes with a comprehensive leader's guide, reproducible scheduling & attendance form, employee quiz, training certificate and training log.
- 1910.335 - Safeguards for personnel protection;
- 1910.5-Applicability of standards;
- 1910.132-General requirements;
- 1910.145-Specifications for accident prevention signs and tags;
- 1910.303-General Electrical; 1910.333-Selection and use of work practices;
- 1910.335-Safeguards for personnel protection;
- 1910.137 - Electrical Protective Equipment.