This safety video program on Materials Handling Safety discusses the hazards that employees are likely to encounter, and explains the work practices and equipment they can use to control or eliminate these hazards.
Materials handling is how the things that people need get to where they're needed, on time and intact. And these activities can be dangerous. Every year, thousands of workers are killed or injured while moving, stacking and storing materials. But these accidents don't have to happen.
Areas covered in the safety video program include:
- preparing yourself to work safely,
- understanding ergonomics,
- safe lifting… step-by-step,
- hand trucks and dollies,
- platform trucks, carts, and pallet jacks,
- forklift safety, and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
- 1910 Subpart N - Materials Handling and Storage
- 1910.176 - Handling Materials
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group, Ltd.