MARCOM's Machine Guard Safety DVD Program reviews the different types of hazards that are associated with using powered equipment and discusses the machine guard devices and safe work practices that employees should use to avoid them.
The power of machinery enables us to do things that we could never do on our own. But more than 15,000 machine-related accidents also happen in the workplace every year. Most of these incidents could have be prevented by machine guards.
The DVD program and booklet include:
- dangerous mechanical motions,
- fixed and interlock guards,
- guarding points of operation,
- protecting your hands,
- safe work practices and more.
The DVD program in the kit comes with a comprehensive leader's guide, reproducible scheduling & attendance form, employee quiz, training certificate and training log.
- 1910 Subpart O - Machinery and Machine Guarding,
- 1910.212 - General requirements for all machines,
- 1910.213 - Woodworking machinery requirements.,
- 1910.215 - Abrasive wheel machinery.,
- 1910.216 - Mill and calendars in the rubber and plastics industries.,
- 1910.217 - Mechanical power presses.