This safety video program on Laboratory Hoods emphasizes how to properly use laboratory hoods, how to test them to ensure correct functioning, and discusses how hoods can protect an experiment, the facility, and most importantly, the employee.
Many of the materials used in laboratories give off fumes, mists, vapors, particulates, or aerosols which are hazardous. To minimize exposure to these materials, special precautions need to be taken. This often means within a hood.
Areas covered in the safety video program include:
- why laboratory hoods are needed,
- protections afforded by hoods,
- how hoods function mechanically,
- proper use of laboratory hoods,
- testing and maintenance, and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
- 1910 Subpart Z - Toxic and Hazardous Substances
- 1910.1450 - Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals in Laboratories
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group, Ltd.