This safety video program on Heat Stress discusses the hazards of getting overheated, how employees can avoid heat-related illnesses, and what they should do if a coworker suffers from heat stress.
Any time workers get hot and sweaty, they are feeling heat stress. The hotter they get, the more likely heat stress is to affect their health. And if employees get overheated enough to develop heat-related illnesses such as heat exhaustion or heat stroke, the effect on them can be serious, even fatal.
Areas covered in the safety video program include:
- heat and the body’s cooling system,
- understanding heat-related illnesses,
- treating heat-related illnesses,
- preparing to work in hot environments,
- engineering controls for hot environments, and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
- 1910 Subpart I - Personal Protective Equipment
- 1910.132 - General Requirements
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group, Ltd.