This safety video program on Electrical Safety in the Laboratory emphasizes the need for safety when using electricity, and discusses how to reduce the potential for accidents involving electrical shock, fire, and explosions.
Today, laboratories rely on a vast array of electrically powered equipment. To work safely with this equipment, employees need to understand how electricity works, be aware of common electrical hazards and know how to use electricity safely.
Areas covered in the safety video program include:
- how electricity works,
- common electrical hazards,
- fuses, circuit breakers and grounding,
- using and maintaining electrical equipment,
- accidents and emergency procedures, and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
- 1910 Subpart I - Personal Protective Equipment
- 1910.137 - Electrical Protective Devices
- 1910 Subpart S - Electrical
- 1910 Subpart Z - Toxic and Hazardous Substances
- 1910.1450 - Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals in Laboratories
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group,Ltd.