This safety video program on Cleaning and Sanitizing in Food Processing and Handling Environments Part I: Cleaning discusses how cleaning helps to eliminate microorganisms, and provides effective cleaning methods that employees can use to prevent contamination in their facility.
Employees who work with food need to be committed to creating products that are safe to eat. So it's important that they follow good cleaning procedures in their facility. Exposure to harmful microorganisms, such as bacteria, spores, fungi and viruses, can contaminate food products during the manufacturing process. And if customers eat this contaminated food, it can result in what are known as foodborne illnesses. But if employees follow the proper cleaning procedures, it can help to eliminate these microorganisms.
Areas covered in the program include:
- types of surfaces and methods that you can use to clean them,
- when and how employees should wash their hands,
- how employees can keep their hands germ-free throughout their workday,
- practicing good personal hygiene,
- elements of the cleaning process that are represented by the acronyms “TACT” and “WINS”,
- basic methods for cleaning both wet and dry surfaces, and more.
The safety video program comes with a quiz, a scheduling and attendance form, a training certificate, and an employee training log.
This safety video program is produced by The MARCOM Group, Ltd.